Competitive Trail Rides/Drives, Endurance, Limited Distance, and Ride & Tie all count towards life time mileage (subject to awards policy requirements).
- Rider/Driver enrollment is included as part of the annual membership fee.
- Rider/Driver must be a current member of SEDRA for mileage to accrue.
- The Distance program is open to all members of the equine family.
- A one-time nomination fee of $25 is required. The enrollment is good for the life time of the equine, and may be transferred with the equine to a new owner.
- Mileage earned prior to nomination will not be counted.
RIDER/DRIVER AND EQUINES
- Awards will be given at the completion of 250, 500, 1000 miles and each 500 mile increment thereafter.
- The Awards Secretary will use the actual ride/drive report turned in after each ride to assign mileage credit.
- To receive mileage credit for an ECTRA, AHA, or NATRC ride/drive that is not SEDRA sanctioned, the rider/driver must provide a copy of the score sheet signed by the Ride Official, to the Awards Secretary. The equine must complete the ride/drive to receive mileage credit, and must fulfill all completion requirements of the individual ride/drive entered, i.e. time, vet parameters.
- To receive mileage credit for an AERC or FEI ride that is not SEDRA, ECTRA, NATRC, or AHA sanctioned, it is the rider‘s or driver‘s responsibility to do the following.Provide a ride card signed by a ride official, or copy of published ride results to the Awards secretary.Pay a $5 fee per ride (or $20 per ride season per rider).
- Back mileage for mileage only (not high point) may be purchased for SEDRA sanctioned rides. The rider‘s or driver‘s membership must be paid for each ride year, the rider or driver must be a current member, and the equine must be nominated (for the equine to receive mileage). A fee of $5 per ride or $20 per ride season per rider/driver must also be paid. Proof of ride completions must be provided to the awards secretary for verification.
- Other Competitive Trail Ride sanctioning organizations may apply to be included with the existing approved Competitive Trail Ride sanctioning organizations using the SEDRA Rule Making Process. Current approved Competitive Trail Riding Organizations are: AHA, ECTRA, and NATRC.
- Competitive Trail Rides not sanctioned by an approved organization must be submitted to the SEDRA BOD for consideration on a Case by Case basis. If approved by the SEDRA BOD the Rider/driver must provide a ride card signed by a ride official, or copy of published ride results to the Awards Secretary. Pay a $5 fee per ride (or $20 per ride season)
- Back mileage may be purchased for approved rides, beginning with the inception of SEDRA. Qualifications to be met:
- The rider must be a current member of SEDRA and a member for the year he wishes to purchase mileage for.
- For an equine to receive mileage, it must be nominated for lifetime mileage.
- The ride(s) must meet all other program requirements.
- Proof of completion must be provided to the ride secretary. The burden of proof rests with the rider.
- A fee of $5 per ride or $20 per ride season per rider must also be paid