Our new SEDRA web site is now http://www.sedrariding.org. Please create a favorite for our new web site. This web site, distanceriding.org, will no longer be updated or maintained effective August 2015. Please share the good news!
- Do you or your family like to ride horses in the show ring or out on the trail?
- Do you like to camp with your horse or horses for a night, a weekend or a week? Would you like to try?
- Would you like to have the opportunity to ride miles of some really beautiful, well marked trails?
- For one day, two or even three days?
- Would you like to learn how to care for yourself and equine on those long distances?
Is Distance Riding For You? Don’t let the word “Distance” scare you. Remember that in the days before automobiles, horses routinely traveled distances of 25 miles or more. It was a necessity; it was the only way to travel. Horses are not fragile or wimpy creatures and any good horse, healthy and in good condition, should be able to go the distance in stride.
The purpose of the IDR/D division within SEDRA’s awards program is to introduce distance riding/driving to those who would like to sample the sport and for those experienced riders and /or horses no longer able to complete a longer course. IDR/D events will count ONLY towards Lifetime mileage for horse and riders and no other SEDRA awards.
The general idea of IDDs and IDRs is that they are a shorter version of the MO (Mileage Only) program that is already in place.
Looking for a new challenge? Would you like to learn more about your horse, your partnership and how far you can go? Have you wondered what it’s all about? Come join a great group of people and find out! Another great discipline for you and your horse to discover, get the family involved and go the distance! TO FINISH IS TO WIN!!
Come join the fun at the Welaka State Forest in Welaka, FL (stalls, camping, & bunkhouse available)